Cancer can occur as a result of many factors such as exposure to dangerous chemical substances and radiation including the ultraviolet rays or sunlight. Cancer can also occur because of chronic infections such as hepatitis B and parasites. Many cancers are the result of unhealthy lifestyles such as smoking and drinking alcohol regularly, consuming fatty foods and even, in some cases as a result of beauty treatments. In many cases, cancers can be inherited or come about as a result of an imbalance of hormones, weak immune systems or even poor nutrition.
Why should we apply for cancer insurance?
Holders of a cancer insurance policy are well placed to reduce their financial risks in the unfortunate case that they develop cancer. The company is able to make payments from the day of diagnosis.
Payments can be used to
Reduce hospital bills
Compensate patients for loss of income while they are ill or convalescing
Pay all types of remedial expenses, even for homeopathic or spiritual treatments
Payments can also be saved and put into a fund for family members in case of death
Automatic cover up to the age of 65
Insurance payments can be authorised immediately without health checkups.
Clients can select personal or family plan coverage.
Family plan coverage includes free coverage for children from one year, up to the age of 22 years, provided they are single and living at home.
20% extra coverage is provided, whatever the original claims payments are, in the case of skin cancer. Should such a cancer be discovered, coverage can be renewed.
Premium payments can be suspended for as much as 30 days
The company will not honour claims in the following circumstances:
1. The discovery of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (Aids) infection or a positive result from a HIV test.
2. If the cancer was discovered before the claimant applied for the insurance
3. If the cancer symptoms are diagnosed for first time within only 90 days of having applied for the policy.
Cancer Insurance Premium
|Less than 40
*** Insurance renewal
The insurance premiums include excise tax and value added tax
1. Insurance premiums for family plans can be calculated by using the highest age of the family members which are then multiplied by 2. Premiums also include free coverage for children up to the age of 22 years of age, providing they are single and living at home.
2. Insurance premiums also include coverage for skin cancer
For more information, please contact our Accident &Health Business Unit
Tel 0-2239-2200 # 2846, 2082, 2064